Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Unusual Ingredients


So here is a sampling of the groceries purchased for my Thanksgiving recipes. As I unpacked the bags, I just giggled about how different my purchases were from my typical shopping trip. Our pantry typically doesn't see the likes of crisco(for a perfectly flaky pie crust), or coconut, and we usually don't have buttermilk in the fridge. I also laughed because my grandmother probably wonders what on earth I cook on a given day considering these are not pantry staples here. Tonight I start preparing our Thanksgiving dishes, and I better get busy - at last count we have twelve (maybe thirteen) adults and a handful of little ones coming Thursday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Good luck with all that cooking and I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving!