Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Boys and Girls




These photos from our weekend definitely showcase the differences that I can already see between Walker and Lauren. Walker, who has never enjoyed a shopping excursion, spent most of the weekend dressed in one of his costume creations and looking for dead worms and such. Lauren, on the other hand went on her inaugural trip to Neiman Marcus. We had lunch there and did a little shopping. She loved it, never fussed the entire time we were there. She just smiled and cooed, and had everyone coming over to check her out in her little pumpkin cap. For those who don't know, I was very leery about having a little girl. I really wanted a house full of boys. I have three brothers and so enjoy Walker, plus I REALLY don't like whining, which little girls seem to be prone to do. However, I am so thankful God has blessed us with Lauren. She is such a sweet, calm and happy baby. I love dressing her in all her frilly things, and can't wait to buy doll houses and ballet shoes. I know that each sex presents very different challenges to child rearing. I worry about the pressure that our society places on both boys and girls, and I pray daily that God will guide Trumon and I as we raise these children. For my children to mature into a Godly man and a Godly woman is my purpose, and responsibility. I am thankful though, that this very daunting task is an incredibly fun one - just ask the goggle, horse hoof wearing superhero and the a little lady who loves to lunch with her momma.

No comments: