Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Epiphany





So today is Epiphany, also known as Three Kings Day, also known as the very last day to enjoy my beautiful Christmas decorations. Tomorrow, I will begin the depressive task of packing away my ornaments, trees and stockings - I am very sad about this. Growing up, I had a piano teacher who left her tree up year round - I used to think this was beyond strange, I now think it might be kind of fun. She would change out the theme of the tree based on the season - hearts in February, bunnies for spring, little flags for July. I guess I won't start such an interesting decorating trend, though I'm sure it would give my friends and neighbors plenty to talk about. So with the Christmas season officially over, I wanted to post a picture of one of my favorite things about the holidays. On one of the beautiful rural roads that goes to our subdivision, there is a lone pecan tree in a pasture that is illuminated with probably thousands of beautiful clear blue lites. Trumon found the tree one evening last year while on his way home from work. From that day on, we drove out to look at what our little son named "Walker's tree". As soon as it was lit this year, we made as many trips as possible by the tree. The picture that I took really doesn't do it justice, it truly looks magical in person.




No comments: