Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Vow to Blog



Ok, so I've been a real slacker when it comes to blogging. I have a few excuses like a camera that has been acting weird, too many time obligations as of late, birthdays, lessons, playdates,and the general hecticness of running a home and raising children. I will also admit that I 've become addicted to Facebook, which I've spent too much time on and I only have so much time to be on the computer without totally neglecting the earlier mentioned responsibilities in my day. With that being said, I am vowing today to be a better blogger. I started this to simply chronicle the day to day of my family, to post and share stories and pictures with friends and family. Some days the post may read "I am tired, my kids seem to have been possessed and I really need a full time maid". Now, I know that doesn't sound sweet, or portray my life as a stay at home mom at its best, but there are days when that is my reality.

So how are things going today? Well, Lauren has a doctor's appointment at noon to address among other things - diarrhea, need I say more?! These explosions require multiple baths and loads of laundry. On a bright note, she remains sweet and happy which makes the whole situation more bearable. Walker is getting to watch much more Noggin and PBS than he usually would, so he a happy guy. Speaking of Walker, during my blogging hiatus he had his 4th birthday, unbelievable! He is an awesome, amazing child. His mind is exploding now, so curious and bright. He loves hiking and identifying animals, trees and plants. He is an expert bike rider and has a vast vocabulary in both English and Spanish(thanks Mrs. Vazquez!) He can write his own name and read and write several three and four letter words and loves to draw. He has a very sweet heart. He is a wonderful big brother to little Lauren, he sings to calm her and prays for her whenever he thinks she is hurting. I love you Walker, I am so proud of you!
Lauren continues to grow, in so many ways. She is playing patty cake, waves and says hi and bye, says dada, momma and Wa(which I'm positive means Walker). She crawls sporadically, mainly due to proficiency at rolling and scooting. She is eating more and more baby foods and drinks water from a sippy cup, she is also on formula now. She is still without a single tooth, but is working on it - lots of chewing and drooling. Lauren remains the happiest little girl I've ever known. Everywhere she goes people comment on her precious disposition. As I said earlier, it is a constant even when sick, as she has been the last few days.

I now feel caught up. I leave you with a few pictures of the last couple of months and a promise to be a better blogger, even if some future blogs are short and (not so)sweet.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

We've been missing you! Cavett is asking for a video!

Looks like moving weekend is Memorial Day. We'll get there Friday night.